Since August 2009, former Pennsylvania State Senator Rob Wonderling (R-24th) has been the President & CEO of the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.
As a Senator, he has been committed to promoting economic development and job creation, modernizing infrastructure, maintaining access to high quality health care services, helping young entrepreneurs and families prosper, and reducing the tax burden on all Pennsylvanians.
Previously, Sen. Wonderling, 47, served as Governor Tom Ridge’s Deputy Secretary of Transportation, responsible for improving the operation and efficiency of PennDOT’s 5,000-employee highway maintenance workforce.
For the past ten years, he worked for Bentley Systems, Inc., a privately held software firm based in Exton and for Allentown-based Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. Previously, Sen. Wonderling worked for and rose to President of the PENJERDEL Council (1984 to 1991), where he worked closely with the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce on issues involving the region’s economic and environmental prosperity.
Governor Edward G. Rendell issued the following statement in response to state Sen. Rob Wonderling’s appointment:
“Senator Wonderling has been a great help on economic development projects. He has a great feel from what businesses need to do to strengthen their communities and create new opportunities for Pennsylvania’s hardworking men and women. He is a great choice to succeed Mark Schweiker.”
In the Pennsylvania Senate, Sen. Wonderling served as Chairman of the Transportation Committee and is a member of the Community and Economic Development Committee, the Public Health and Welfare Committee, the Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee, among other assignments.
In addition, he serves on the Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS) Board of Trustees. He was appointed to the Pennsylvania Public Television Network Board of Directors and serves as co-chair to the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges and the Life Science Caucus, which addresses policy issues important to the biotechnology and life science industry.
Wonderling is a 1984 graduate of Allegheny College and received a Master’s degree in Government Administration from the University of Pennsylvania in 1991. He attended the program for Senior Executives in State Government at Harvard University in 1997. He lives in Schwenksville with his wife Kristin and three sons.
About the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is the premier advocate of the region’s business community, representing members in 11 counties across three states with one voice.
Chamber Mission: The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting regional economic growth, advancing business-friendly public policies, and servicing our members through outstanding programs, benefits and services.
As an advocate for regional development, the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to supporting and encouraging the continued growth of each of our approximately 5,000 member companies together with the regional business community. The Chamber strives to influence business-friendly legislation in all levels of government, participate in initiatives to improve education and the community, present professional enrichment programs, and provide our members with cost-efficient ways to run their businesses.
The Chamber motto is: Get involved. Get results. Through this member-focused Web site, you can discover what you need and where you need to go, who to call, and ultimately why becoming a member of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is one of the best strategies for growing your business.
Membership: The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce represents approximately 5,000 member companies stretching across the 11 counties in three states of the Greater Philadelphia region.
Membership by County:
It serves both the large and small business community: Small businesses that consist of fewer than 100 employees make up 85 percent of our membership. The remaining 15 percent represents Greater Philadelphia’s leading corporations.
Membership by Employee Size:
For more information, visit www.greaterphilachamber.com.